While as a church we continue to monitor the progress of COVID-19 around the world and in our local community, the elders, with the help of our health safety team, have sought to work within the recommendations of our local government to determine the best plan, timing, and progression for fully reopening. While the timing remains flexible, we plan to begin taking steps toward reopening our doors for Sunday morning services in the coming weeks. We are not only excited about the opportunity to meet in person to worship the Lord together, but also the chance to welcome guests into our gatherings. While we will not be resuming our Hope Kids ministry at this time, starting June 21st, we will begin worship gatherings of 100 within our sanctuary, with an overflow available for anyone else that would like to attend in person. Please come early to reserve your seat. For any that would prefer to continue watching the livestream in homes, either by themselves or with other families, please feel released to do so.
Again, as we cope with the challenges of this unique season, we don’t stop being the church – we’re a people, not a meeting. And our God remains the only hope and the stability of our times. He still calls us to treasure Christ, pursue authentic community, and love our neighbors. The guidance and resources on this page are designed to help us do exactly that – to walk in a manner worthy of the Gospel no matter what COVID-19 and other cultural or global crises brings our way. We don’t have to know exactly what will happen over the next few weeks to months. Our Father knows, and in that we rest. The elders would covet your continued prayers that God would give us His wisdom and heart in knowing how best to lead during this time.
Service: Between now and then, however, we do well to find additional ways to encourage one another with biblical truth from afar. We plan on live streaming a 25-30 minute teaching from God’s Word every Sunday at 10am in order to help us continue loving and trusting the Lord during these uncertain times. The live streaming link for our Youtube Channel will be posted to Realm and Facebook about 30 minutes prior to our service and will also be available on the announcement bar at the top of our homepage.
For those who are unable to watch the livestream, audio recordings will continue to be added to our weekly podcast. We will be continuing our sermon series in the Gospel of John, That You May Believe.
Hope Kids: The publishers of The Gospel Project for Kids, our Sunday school curriculum for 6-11 year olds, have also given us temporary permission to include class videos, lesson plans, and activity sheets in our weekly Realm Post to all families with children enrolled in Hope Kids. We’re excited to share these resources and hope they equip you to continue discipling your kids at home.
“732-56” in address field
“RHC” in message field
Tap link in response
Fill in donation amount
Give debit/credit card info
If you would like to send a check, please mail check to:
Risen Hope Church
415 Sangaree Parkway
Summerville, SC 29483
- Reach out to people you know at church by phone or email using the directory on Realm. Ask how they’re really doing and find out how you can pray! Also, make sure your personal information is correct on Realm so other people know how to get in touch with you. If you have questions regarding Realm, please contact Saralyn White.
- Many of us meet in Community Groups throughout the week. As quarantine restrictions have lifted, our groups are beginning to meet in person. Please contact Saralyn if you’re new to the church and would like to find out more information about visiting a community group near you.
Redeeming The Time
As Families: If you’ve never established a consistent time of family devotions or family worship, now could be a great time to begin working toward that. Dads and husbands, if you’re not sure what to do, just keep it simple: gather the family after dinner to sing to the Lord, read the Bible, talk about it, and then pray together. God will bless it. Another great resource for you and your family are The Bible Project Videos. These short videos cover a wide range of biblical topics and themes as well as an overview of the various books of Scripture. They are fun to watch as a family and can generate lots of great discussion.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you can obtain a free consultation and find out more about screening options here.
- Whether you are sick with COVID-19, believe that you may have it, or simply have reason to believe that you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please take the following steps:
- If you are caring for someone with COVID-19, follow these recommendations from the CDC. As much as it might feel awkward, please don’t enter a sick person’s home to deliver a meal. Give them a call and drop it off on their porch. Remember that your ability to love others well depends on not getting sick yourself!
If you are a member of our church or community and are either out of work or have other practical needs, please contact Tim and Mindy Seeley. As a church, we are eager to provide as much support as possible, whether that be financial assistance or just trying to connect you with employment opportunities in the area. Don’t wait to speak up until you’re facing an unpaid bill or a food shortage. Early intervention is best.
If you can help others financially during this time, please consider giving toward our Benevolence Fund. This fund is used to practically care for members of our church and neighbors in our local community. If the financial need among our members exceeds the limits of our Benevolence Fund, we will let the church know as soon as possible. Also, if you have ideas or access to resources that could be used to help our church family or community in some other way, please contact Tim and Mindy Seeley to discuss that as well.